Conscious gifts for adventure seekers and nature lovers
It's that wonderful time of year again, when the air is crisp and everything seems just a little bit more magical. People smile a little more than usual, and you’re spending extra time with loved ones.
Though the holiday season can often feel like a frenzy of consumerism, my hope is that you seek first to support local and small businesses, finding meaningful gifts that will not only delight the recipient, but make an impact for good, too. I've put together this gift guide to suggest some beautiful and meaningful gift ideas for the adventure-loving woman on your list.
Each of these gifts are respectful to our wild places in one way or another - whether by careful choices in their processes and materials, by inspiring us to better enjoy and care for nature, or by directly supporting conservation efforts.
1. All Natural Tee by Little Canyon Outfitters - sustainably made tee that supports the Utah non-profit, Save Our Canyons
2. Övik Re-Wool Sweater by Fjällräven - made with recycled wool by this Swedish brand known for their long lasting products with minimal environmental impact
3. Silver Mountain Necklace by Scenic Route Collection - beautifully crafted by hand in the Canadian Rockies to display her deep love of the mountains
4. Mountains are Home Tee by Dear Summit Supply Co. - sustainably made in the USA and printed by hand, this tee also supports the National Park Foundation
5. Waxed Canvas Pouch by Peg and Awl - made by hand from reclaimed materials, a thoughtful way to stay organized
6. PowerLight Mini by BioLite - light your trail or recharge your phone with this clever gadget from the brand with a mission to bring safe, clean energy to every home across the globe
9. The Nature Fix by Florence Williams - enlightening and entertaining read that tackles the questions of how nature (or the lack thereof) impacts us and why should care
10. Seek Adventure Sticker by Dear Summit Supply Co. - durable and weatherproof vinyl sticker of a hand-drawn design that supports the National Park Foundation
11. Sequoia Candle by Good & Well Supply Company - 100% vegan, eco-friendly, and recyclable, this candle also supports the National Park Foundation
12. Wilderness Essays by John Muir - it’s John Muir, need I say more? Okay fine. A collection of his finest writings about landscapes all across the American West
Whatever you give this year, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
Note: this post contains some affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase through these links, Deanna receives a small commission, at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
You'll also love: